Jeff and I left Detroit last night with our final destination being Vancouver, but did not make it past Seattle. For those of you that travel by plane you know that your arrival and departure status is left in the hands of others. Our flight from Detroit was delayed from boarding 1/2 hour, but once we were on the flight another hour was lost as they tried to fit extra baggage into the cargo hold. The flight that was scheduled to leave at 7:35 p.m. was "wheels up" at 9:05 p.m.
We touched down in Seattle at 10:25 p.m. (1:25 a.m. EST) our outbound flight to Vancouver was scheduled to leave at 11:00 p.m. Fortunately, we were in the 6th row of the plane and were able to get off fairly quickly. After climbing down/up several escalators and boarding to trains to get to the right concourse we looked like two contestants on the Amazing Race only to arrive at the gate to see our airplane pulling away from the gate. I wish I would have had the camera out!
The gate agents greeted us by name, "Hello you must be Mr. and Mrs. Poteau." Well, you all know how the rest of this story goes. We went to stay at the Coast Gateway Hotel, where I'm typing this message from their Business Center. We are scheduled to on a flight to Vancouver with our bags at 9:00 a.m. this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was looking at the NWA site for your flights. I saw where you were leaving @ 9 today (Sunday). Wish I could have seen the 'amazing racers'! I bet it was a sight to see! Have a safe trip! Love, Mum
ReplyDelete