.jpg)
A vista on the way to Anchorage from Seward
Good news first . . . I've been reunited with my laptop!!!!!
I'm actually entering my first blog of the trip from it. I'm so excited. Jeff and I arrived in Anchorage from Seward this afternoon around 4:00 p.m. We are staying at the Anchorage Hilton right downtown. It is really nice to be in a room bigger than my bedroom closet. We are both looking forward to sleeping in a regular bed. While we will miss the cruise, there are some creature comforts you just don't get on the ship.
After arriving in Anchorage we walked across the street to a outdoor market to get a snack that actually turned into dinner for us. Salmon quesadillas! They were fantastic. Jeff had an elk burger but said he couldn't tell if it was hamburger or elk. Yes, I ate the quesadilla it only had mozzarella cheese on it.
.jpg)
I'm actually entering my first blog of the trip from it. I'm so excited. Jeff and I arrived in Anchorage from Seward this afternoon around 4:00 p.m. We are staying at the Anchorage Hilton right downtown. It is really nice to be in a room bigger than my bedroom closet. We are both looking forward to sleeping in a regular bed. While we will miss the cruise, there are some creature comforts you just don't get on the ship.
After arriving in Anchorage we walked across the street to a outdoor market to get a snack that actually turned into dinner for us. Salmon quesadillas! They were fantastic. Jeff had an elk burger but said he couldn't tell if it was hamburger or elk. Yes, I ate the quesadilla it only had mozzarella cheese on it.
.jpg)
Jeff with his Salmon Quesadilla in Anchorage
The McKinley Express train to Denali leaves tomorrow morning at 8:15 a.m. We should be in at the hotel by dinner time (after 5:00 p.m.). Tuesday we take a full day tour of the park and Wednesday we have free time to take an excursion if we like before leaving for Fairbanks. We are having a great time and wish you were all here with us, but hopefully this blog is helping you feel like you're here.
The McKinley Express train to Denali leaves tomorrow morning at 8:15 a.m. We should be in at the hotel by dinner time (after 5:00 p.m.). Tuesday we take a full day tour of the park and Wednesday we have free time to take an excursion if we like before leaving for Fairbanks. We are having a great time and wish you were all here with us, but hopefully this blog is helping you feel like you're here.
Great news about your laptop. Sounds like you two are having a blast.
ReplyDeleteVery happy to have my baby back in my hands. We are having a great time uploading all of the pictures. Was starting to get low on memory which I will need for Denali. So, sunrise is at 4:45 a.m. in Denali and sunset is at 11:34 p.m. tough choice, which one shall I do?????
ReplyDeleteChoice? What choice? You do both of course. This doesn't sound like a photography trip. ;)
ReplyDeleteHey Sis & Jeff,
ReplyDeleteReally sounds like a Great Time, wish I could be there and run the trails by the Mt.'s...Would that be cool to race out there!!!
Bro
So glad your 'friend' is back with you! Have a great time. Love the pics so far. Love, Mum
ReplyDeleteLove the new photo too!! Love, Mum
ReplyDeleteScott, I'm just doing a scouting trip for all of us to return someday for a true photography trip. It's good to practice. Without the group here I'm a little less motivated to get up early (especially before 4:00 a.m) :-)
ReplyDelete