Saturday, July 18, 2009

Final Post from Sea


College Fjord Glacier
We are in our final stages of our cruise. I've done two loads of laundry to get us through the 2nd part of our trip. Tomorrow morning we will arrive in Seward, Alaska where we will depart the ship for our bus ride to Anchorage. We will be staying there overnight before taking the train to Denali (8 hours). We've been warned to prepare for Alaskan time which is know as ". . . ish." It would take 8 hours or 8ish hours. Either way, we will be seeing beautiful views.

Jeff has changed his game of choice in the casino and now he is playing Texas Hold em (not the poker player). Haven't seen much of him today. Funny how when there is laundry to do he disappears, even on a cruise ship. I don't blame him, it was pretty cut throat in that small room today with everyone having the same idea. Did meet a very nice woman from Minnesota who was celebrating her 52nd anniversary in between loads. She actually saw the man that took my clothes out of the dryer before the buzzer went off. People are funny.

Tomorrow I will also be reunited with my laptop! I received a notice from my UPS tracking that it was delivered to the hotel. With any luck I will be delivering my next post from it tomorrow evening when we arrive. Hopefully I'll be able to post some glacier photos.

1 comment:

  1. Woman's work is never done! Even on vacation! Be you'll be glad to have your laptop back!! Yipee!!!! Keep us posted..love, MUM

    ReplyDelete