Monday, September 24, 2012

50% Chance of Rain

This morning we had a 5:30 departure for the Mormon Barns.  There was a 50% chance of rain and fortunately for us it held off.  I will post more photos of the barns later, but I am only including one from this morning and some from the shoot last night at Cottonwood Trail.  Below is a fence across from one of the iconic barn shots just as the sun was coming up this morning.
 

 
This next image was a class assignment where we were to blur the image using our camera.  I shot this looking up into a Aspen tree and moving my camera as I released the shutter.  In post-processing I used a new software called Alien Skin Snap Art to put the watercolor treatment on it.

 
The other class assignment last night was called "pieces and parts" where you shot pieces and parts of something.  This was a old pine tree that looked like it was dead.  I used a LensBaby for my camera lens and then turned it into a black and white image in the computer. 

Tonight we head to Oxbow Bend.  One of my favorite places in the park.  The sky appears to be clearing so I am hoping to get some images.  When we drove through the other day, Mt. Moran was not visible due to the smoke from the forest fires.  They appear to be dying down and hopefully we will get some rain to help with the fires.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment